Monday, March 1, 2010

Too Much

It's almost too much, too much that I'm going to be a mom in 17 days or less.

I have so many emotions right now.  Some are good, some confusing, some are even contradictory.

There's a part of me that feels like this time is dragging on, that these next 17 days are going to be the longest 17 days of my life.  That I can't wait to see him, hold him, smell the sweet baby smell.  That I can't wait to officially be a mom.

There's also a part of me that thinks that time is flying by.  Every now and then, I'll be reminded that in just 17 days or less, my life is going to change forever.  Dave and I were talking about weekend plans tonight and all of the sudden, I was thinking about how quickly "our" weekends are ending, how our time as a couple is coming to a close.  At times, I feel like I can't breathe, thinking about my time slipping through my fingers and all the things I want to get done.

There is a part of me that wants to scrub the entire house from top to bottom and organize every section of the house.

There's another part of me that wants to take this time to relax, take a few extra baths, and read, something I know I'll be doing little of once he's here.

I'm excited about all that is happening, overjoyed about having a son, about bringing him home and being a family.

I'm also scared, not that she will change her mind, but how I will handle all of this.  Getting to know J, I feel for her and feel her sorrow.  I'm sure that, as much as I don't want to, I'll probably cry and use an entire box of tissues.

So, yes, I'm a little overwhelmed, but in a good way and for a good reason.

2 comments:

Robin Laubscher said...

What a blessing you both are to this family both the mother and her children and your little one. God has perfect timing....you will still have time to do the things you enjoy, and also enjoy all the time and fun things you will do with your little man. Take a deep breath, enjoy each day...whether it brings an extra bath, dinner and a movie with Dave, or just putting things in order around the house. He will be here soon, and you will love every minute of it :)

Laurie said...

Our daughter was born on March 14th, 3 years ago. The funny thing is we had only met her birthmother 2 weeks prior and yet those 2 weeks DRAGGED! I remember it feeling like an eternity and when I look back at our calendar from that year and see "match meeting" on the 3rd, and "Vivi born!" on the 14th it looks like the shortest wait ever. :) But when you are ready to hold your baby, and have waiting and longed for years- weeks feel like a lifetime!

Post a Comment